Sunday 6 December 2009

Influences: Brainstorming

For my animation I really want to adopt some techniques that really highlight what can be done with the medium of animation. That's why I have chosen spot colour and rotoscoping, more on that later....

As I am producing a trailer the narrative is key however I still feel that my final piece is mainly down to style over substance. So if needs be the narrative context may have to budge. At the moment I feel this won't be the case as I have chosen a simplistic short story and haven't taken anything too heavy on.

So lets talk about my main influences. Well as I decided from the very beginning of this project, I wanted to remain true to the 1930's live action film of 'the most dangerous game' and therefore I would have to look into the film noir genre and see how over time it has modernised itself to the present day.

So firstly we've got Dick Tracy from 1990:



So this live action film adopted the graphic novel style along with spot colour. I new I wanted to bring 'the most dangerous game' into the 21st century and I felt this technique was the perfect way of doing it. Sin City (2005) is a prime example. More research to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment